Top 5 Computers for Information Systems Students.
CIS/MIS students are in a program that emphasize business and information technology. They require computing devices to prepare for careers in information systems roles. The will need to learn word processing, spreadsheets, html coding, and publishing. The needs these students have are a bit different from other majors. Cyber Job Mentor has provided this list as a guide for students that need a new device for school. There are affiliate links please use them if shopping to keep the lights on in the mentor cave. The links below do include affiliate links and a commission may be earned at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14 Inch FHD, Touchscreen, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD, Win 10,
2. Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop, 14″ Full HD IPS Touch, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
This laptop is a tool you need to keep you productive. The battery should get you through the day and part of the evening. It includes a pen so you can take those necessary notes for class. And it has plenty of storage to keep all your work. https://amzn.to/31fbSCg
3. ASUS VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop, 15.6” Full HD, AMD Quad Core R5-3500U CPU, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Windows 10 Home
The Asus VivoBook is fairly thin and light, so it will not be hard to carry from class you class. It will have enough power for all the task that you will encounter as an information systems student. It doesn’t have a pen or touch screen but, it will help you get work done. https://amzn.to/2YnRUZh
4. Lenovo S145 15.6″ FHD Premium Laptop Computer, 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7-8565U Up to 4.6GHz, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth, USB 3.0, HDMI
The Lenovo S145 has a good screen size and is a bit larger, but it has 12GB of RAM. It will be zippy when you have 20 tabs in chrome opened while you research for your research paper next week. The storage is a little low for this class of laptop but the RAM makes up for it. It does not have a touch screen or pen but it does not need one. https://amzn.to/2YqRNMr
5. HP Pavilion 15 15.6″ HD Touchscreen Business Laptop Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Type-C, HDMI, WiFi AC, UHD, Windows 10
The HP Pavilion is a laptop that will help you get all your work done. It has good storage, plenty of RAM, and good battery life. It is sleek and compact and will not strain your back as you go from class to class. Then after all your work is done you can watch your favorite movie on Netflix. https://amzn.to/31lWLHp